CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

The "Plane Trip form H E Double baseball bats!"

So far the past few weeks have been crazy... and this is what you missed...

About 31/2 weeks ago now, my dad had asked me to come fly up to South Carolina and see him and my sister for their birthdays, since they are just 2 days apart I said that I would and this is where the plane story comes in...

Now I love to fly, I always have and when my sweet daddy asked me to come fly up I was more than excited. So 2 days before I get to the airport I had called a family friend and asked her to take care of the dog, among other things. I get all packed excited to get on a plane then I get in my car and drive to my uncles house so he can drop me off at the airport.

The next day I get up and go with my uncle to the airport give him hugs and thank him for letting me stay the night and all that good stuff. I get on the airplane a plane that will connect in Houston, and do what I always do, pray! So I say my prayer that went something like this "Most gracious heavenly father I thank you for this day and just ask that you put your guardian angels around not only me but everyone here and the plane. Help the pilots have a great and smooth flight. It is in Jesus wonderful and most precious name I pray. Amen"

So we get to Houston (a great and pretty smooth flight) and I rush to my terminal knowing I only have about an hour to get there might I add! What happens next I get on the plane after having maybe an hour of terminal sitting time. Everyone gets on the plane (now I have to add this now I always sit next to the window and the wing) I get in my seat and do what I always do pray again! Pretty much the same prayer.

We all wait a few minutes and this is what everyone hears "Hello folks this is your captain speaking...Sorry for the inconvenience but air traffic control has said that we can not take off because of bad weather in North Carolina. They are having major rain storms there. So we are going to let you off the plane and wait in the terminal instead of having to sit in this hot plane. Please make sure you stay there in case we hear something that way we can let you know. Thank you and sorry again folks."

I call my momma and let her know that way she, daddy and the siblings can grab something to eat instead of having to drive up and get me and be hungry. Sweet Huh? Just kidding! Anyways I get out of the plane and go sit back down in the terminal. I was waiting for about an hour and a half when we finally get back on the plane.

I get my seat belt back on and again look up in the sky and say "Thanks Lord for pilots that care please bless them and this flight!" After about 30 min. waiting to take off we are in the air! Yeah! Everyone is excited we are going to get to our destination! So the stewardess goes through her thing and I have to add I NEVER pay attention to it just because I ALWAYS pray over the plane and go to sleep so why should I? (just keep that in mind as you read the rest of this blog!)

We are now about 45 min away to our destination and I am asleep when we hit turbulence and I wake up and notice that the picture perfect sky turns pitch black! No worries I prayed I'm fine! RIGHT??? WRONG!! We are in terrible turbulence and I look out the window to see lightning almost hit the plane! Then the plane suddenly drops about 5 feet and the pilots try to level it off. In the midst of that everyone shrieks the man next to me wakes up from his nap and says something like "Wow that was a little scary!" I just nod my head and smile.

Well as the pilots level off I just smile and silently thank the Lord for his protection and the next thing I know the plane drops again! This time about 50 to 75 feet and in the midst of all of that, I hear something. Something I do not like to hear might I add! It was Satan and he was just being nasty to me! As I said I do not get scared and I was terrified! Because this is what he said to me with his evil laugh"HAHA! You get on this plane to see your dad on his birthday and I'm bringing it down! You will not be able to even wish him a happy birthday tomorrow! The plane is going to land and then burst into flames and your family will see it! HAHA! It's going down"

I started to cry and thought to myself "I didn't even listen to the stewardess! If we go down I wont know what to do!" I was trying so hard not to listen to Satan but when he said "it's going down!" A light bulb went off and I remembered something, I am a child of the most high GOD and then I said to him "Get behind me Satan! Even if you take this plane down I am not going down I'd be going up because I am a child of the most high GOD! SO just leave me alone!" and that is when I did it the biggest it a Christian could do (as the plane was dropping) I lifted my hands up and started to pray in tongues over every ones screaming and started quoting the Bible "
2 Timothy 1:7 says...
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
and just screamed it over everyone else with my eyes shut real tight might I add!

Then it happened the pilots level us off I opened my eyes and saw that picture perfect sky again and smiled! Then I heard (because where I was sitting was pretty close to the back) "Stewardess this is Captain _______ we were pretty close to a mayday there!" When I heard that all I could do was laugh to myself! Then we got off the plane and as I walked towards the pilots cabin I looked up and said "Thanks guys you did a great job!" I am sure they knew it was me who was praying but I really did not care!

Now the reason I shared this story is because I am sure there are folks out there who think "GOD does not care." But let me tell you He always cares! Or folks that say "My faith is not as strong as yours!" But let me tell ya all it takes is the faith of a mustard seed! So I end this story with something I heard on the radio the other day...

Think about the disciples in the boat with Jesus. A boat that was in the middle of a hurricane. Those silly disciples had 1 of 2 choices. They could wake Jesus up and have him calm the storm or they could have done it themselves. It always is a measure of your faith. But either way Jesus will always get you out of those storms safe and sound! Be blessed and just remember that!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..
Hi to you too - our Astros are SAD aren't they?