CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A life changing moment...

This post is dedicated in loving memories of the Hallam family.


January !8th 2008 was Pastor Cindy Hallam's birthday (I do not know how young she is) However 6 years ago on that day my very good friend and sister in Christ, Angela Nicole Hallam went to be with Jesus.

I will tell the story of how I met her. I was going to youth group when I turned 12. I was new to youth group and had never really gone, and I was scared that nobody would like me and stuff like that. I was standing in the back.

Well Angela was in the back (where I was sitting, as I am thinking "why am I here nobody is going to talk to me".) and she saw me starring at my feet and Bible. She then walked over to me and said "HI! Are you new to youth?" Me "yeees. I am" Angie "Well I am so glad Jesus brought you here today! I am Angela!" Me "Hi, I am Stephanie." Well Stephanie, do you know anyone here? Do you have anybody to sit next to?" Me " Um no to both questions."

Angie "Well you know me silly! Anyways since you are new would you like to sit with me?" Me "Um I think I would rather just sit back here, but thanks anyways." Angie "Are you sure? We have more than enough room!" She then picks my hand up and pulls me up takes me to the front row and says "SIT! I really want you to meet my friends!" Me "Ok."

Someone calls her name (It was Pastor Cindy and she was talking with Angie about youth.) As I am sitting in the front row I see her coming back to me "Angela, are you a Hallam?" Angie turning as red as her hair "Yes! I hope we can be friends!" Me "So you are one of Pastor Hallam's daughters?" Angie" Yes! Why?" Me "Well because you do not seem like other PK's" Angie "I know and I try to do that on purpose." Me "Oh! I got ya that is cool!"

All of her "friends" come and she had one of the brightest smiles on her face as she says "EVERYONE!! This is Stephanie! Stephanie this is everyone!" Some of them I knew and we all were just talking and hanging around talking about church and things. The best thing about meeting Angie was knowing that GOD made a horrible situation (or so I thought) become one of the best moments of my life.

Angie went home January 18th 2002 (It was her mom's birthday) she was killed in a plane crash and all I did was cry and think of the story I just shared because it was truly a wonderful thought and memory. I wrote all of this because she was what I wanted to be as a Christian. Angie was a Jesus Freak. So I dedicate this song and post to her... (please remember to turn of my play list to hear the song.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - was that really 6 years ago? I remember hearing that news. She sounded like a very special person, I'm sure you were blessed to know her.
blessings!
ummm... 28 days to Spring Training (or something like that - not that I'm countin :)

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
There are several things I'm upset with Mr Mcclane over too - I guess I just don't have as strong convictions as you... I can't wait for the season to start. The Rockets are uninspiring to say the least!

Anonymous said...

No no - you didn't sound ugly. Try not to let your disappointments ruin your season. Afterall, baseball is still baseball. Focus on the good... home runs, stolen bases, triples, double-plays. Oh yeah - can't you just not wait!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes GMs have to do what they think is gg to help the team win. Think about it - they may have had good camaradarie last year and be bound together as a team but they weren't very good! I am looking forward to seeing the new players and how they do. OF course there will be ones I'll miss (especially Luke) but we have to realize this will happen in sports, remember it is a business even if we don't want to look at it that way. You'll get to love these guys too. Change is good in life in general and even in sports. Cheer up - I think you'll enjoy this season more than you think
Ange