CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

A funny story...

The other day I was at work when I received a very random phone call (I work at a Chiropractor's office) anyways I was talking to this lady who company has done business with him before, and she had said "If you do not mind my asking...What time do you both leave from work?" (mind you it is a Friday) I said "Oh not at all 5pm" She and I then somehow changed the subject of what she was supposed to tell me to the fact that neither one of us liked the time change. She said "I have heard that for 6 months of the year it stays dark and the other 6 months it is daylight" (or something like that) I replied "Oh yeah that is true, my family lived in Seattle Wa. for a couple of years and that is how it is up there too. Oh by the way I lived in Alaska for awhile also." she then said "if you dont mind my asking...How come you lived up there?" my answer "Well my dad's job takes us everywhere, and everyone likes to ask if he is in the military, but he is not." she then asked "What does your dad do?" me "he is a piping designer, that means that he builds power plants and things like that on the computer." she then says "I want to travel can I adopt your dad?" me "oh sure my dad would not mind at all he likes having adopted kids, I will call him tonight and say...Hey dad a lady that I was talking to over the phone at work wants to adopt you so she can travel." We both started to laugh and then we hung up. That night my dad came home from work (as many of you know my mom also has a blog http://greatadventure2.blogspot.com/ and she tells of my families crazy adventures, and also about dad's job in Houston) and I told him the story he starts to laugh and says "Well sure she can come just make sure you get her info..." so today she calls to follow up with me about what Dr.C- had said and I told her what my dad had said and we just started laughing all over again. So kind lady from the phone (you know who you are) if you get a chance to read this please keep in touch because I really enjoyed our conversation.

0 comments: