CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

UGH!!! Drayton McLane Jr., Ed Wade, and the Astros upper staff!!!!!

Ugh!!! Right now that is the only word that I can say to describe my feelings. You know that feeling you get deep down in your gut when you know that you know that you know something is going to go wrong, and yet you try to pray against it, and yet somehow it seems like your prayers were unanswered? I had that feeling when Ed Wade became the General Manager of the Astros. I tried to pray it away (hoping that the Astros would not do anything stupid) but it seemed like all I got from the Lord was wait and see how faithful I am. So here I am waiting...AGAIN!!!...knowing that in my heart of hearts Ed Wade knows nothing about Astros baseball.

Yesterday six players were let go (five of whom I really enjoyed watching and meeting) I want to say that the Astros did great by letting them go, but...they did not. The Astros needed/need starting pitching and so far the farm system (Minor Leagues) prospects best prospects at that are the ones that are being traded. Now please do not get me wrong I love Mr. McLane I have met him, and he gave me tickets to a game once (a story I will share sometime) but WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HE THINKING? I am so frustrated and disappointed right now it really is unreal!

When did the Astros organization decide they needed to get rid of the good players/prospects so the Astros could lose. Why do they not get it? DO NOT TRADE THE GOOD PLAYERS!! Every single time that they get rid of them the team the Astros trade the players to gets better and ends up in the playoffs. Is Drayton McLane that blind sighted that he does not see this? Or am I just that frustrated that I do? Hm. Lets think here shall we?...In 1991 the Astros had a Center Fielder (who's name I will not mention for awhile) that kept telling them Let me play I am going to be great one day!" They shipped him off to a team (I can not for the life of me remember what team though) because they did not believe he would be that great, now he is still in the MLB (20 years or so) and still one of the best Out Fielders in the game! Boy did Kenny Lofton call his greatness or what?!

In 1992 the Astros had a starting pitcher (who too shall remain nameless for awhile) and he was put in the bullpen, he kept telling the Astros "I am not a reliever!! I am a starter!!" They did not listen to him and shipped him off to the Phillies, and you know what happened the Phillies ended up going to the World Series and this Pitcher has three World Series rings (Two with the Red Sox and one with the Diamondbacks) but according to the Astros Curt Schilling was NEVER a starting pitcher! The list goes on with dump things the Astros have done and are still doing, but my point all together is Drayton McLane is really not using baseball wisdom and baseball knowledge together.

He is using baseball knowledge by it self. You can not do that you have to use the two together!! After all there is a difference between the two. Baseball wisdom is the ability to think the season that is in front of you through thoroughly and know how to play it out weather you have the players or not. Baseball knowledge is knowing the game and how the game is played. That is the difference, and that was my whole point and that is why I am so frustrated and why the one word that describes me best is UGH!! That is all for now just UGH!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie!
I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I don't have time to read over your blog right now but I'm looking forward to it. Right now I'm reeling from the steroid revelations. Did you hear Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens were on the list? Not to mention of course our most recent acquisition - tejada - ugh!
Talk to you later!
Ange

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
i would love to add you as a friend but I'm not sure how to do that since you're not on homeschoolblogger. If you can explain it to me maybe I can figure it out - I'm pretty computer illiterate I'm afraid. Also how old are you? I sent my daughter your blog address. She is not allowed to read most blogs just because of the portal to other things it can be but I'm letting her read yours since you have such sophisticated interests ;)and you love the Lord.
gotta go!
ms Ange