CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanks # 7!!!!

I wrote this a couple of months ago...


Well even though baseball season is not officially over. I wanted to post a special blog for one of my favorite Astros. I know that there are very few people (if any at all) who read my blog and when I write I try to keep it interesting. So here it goes…
As many (if not everybody who read) know I love the Houston Astros, I love to watch them, talk about them and so on. But, today is a sad day for me to write, because my Astros season is over so is Craig Biggio's 20 year career. You see Sept. 30th 2007 was his last game ever because he retired. I really should start this story/blog like this (the music that plays when someone on TV says "Let me take you back" just played!)
I was less than a year old when Craig Biggio became an Astro it was June 26th 1988 he became a Major Leaguer, and this is for me where the story really begins.
Larry Andersen (he was an Astros pitcher) was holding me (like he usually did) and he was talking to my daddy, when Craig walked over to Larry to talk about pitching (Craig was a catcher than) and I started to wave to him and try to get him to play with me and he was waving back and finally said "Mr. Andersen,…" Larry "WHAT!" "she is so cute, could I hold her?" Larry looked at him and said "Yeah sure Rook." and from then on I guess I was always a fan of Craig Biggio. I never really thought that he would retire, and be so gracious to us fans about it and yet he was. I was actually afraid I would not get to see his final game, but thanks to my mom (and her several attempts to buy tickets on ebay) I was there to witness a little piece of peace, love, joy, sorrow, and history! My whole heart was ripped out when he gave his final goodbyes (as a player) to us fans. Yes I know it is silly to say I cried. But I did, and those tears were tears of joy and memories; knowing the baseball era I grew up watching was over. My mom also has a blog and she wrote how (even though the tickets were expensive (when they were in the nosebleeds) and so was gasoline) it was a priceless look on my face as the tears came down my cheeks. So as I finish this part of my blog I leave you with these last couple of sentences that go out towards my memories of Craig. (Clears throat)
Craig, you taught me to love the game, respect and cherish it too. You taught me to pinetar my helmet when everyone elses was blue. You played the with the Astros your whole career, never complaining about what position they put you at, or even how many pitches you took in the arm instead of them making contact with your bat. You showed me and all the other fans too that (even though Tom Hanks said "There is no crying in baseball!") it was ok to cry. You played 20 amazing years with just one team, never minding my screams. So thanks for all the memories that make me day dream, thanks for 20 years, for holding me, and supporting the fans that loved you so much. What can I say other than… See you in Cooperstown Mr. 3,000!

0 comments: